I started the year determined to beat the spiral of poor self esteem and depression I had got myself into but I was severely beaten by events that happened in March. First of all I was made redundant from a Job that I loved and for a Company that I was passionate about. It felt like a cross between a bad divorce and a bereavement to hear the news that they were closing down my team. I cannot describe the shock I felt and the hurt. What came from this was the the realisation that the job was actually making me ill for so long and it was the wake up call I actually needed. I was so stressed with the pressure I was under and the travelling and also the responsibility that I neglected my self and my family. I am now picking up those pieces and learning to love myself again. I guess this is the path that my blog will take - how Gill fell in love with herself again - I remember a quote and I am paraphrasing "Don't expect people to love you when you don't love yourself".
The second bombshell was my dad becoming seriously ill and the road we as a family are taking to come to terms with this news.
Things people have said to me lately:
- What doesn't kill you makes you stronger
- This will be the best thing that happens to you.
No comments:
Post a Comment